Joint Public Safety Committee
The Public Safety Committee is an advisory board whose mission is to assist the Board of Supervisors of Montgomery Township with public safety responsibility in consolidating and coordinating all facets of public safety and to make recommendations to the Supervisors as dictated by the needs of the Township in the area of Police, Fire and Civil Defense protection. The Committee may also address other matters of a Public Safety nature as directed by the Supervisors.
The Committee shall also perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Supervisors including, but not limited to:
- The Committee shall be responsible to assess and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, as needed, on issues which affect public safety.
- The Committee shall be responsible for addressing concerns related to traffic or parking management that are not handled as routine operational matters by Township Administration.
- The Committee shall address any concerns which the police, fire department, ambulance, or emergency management agencies feel affect protection or safety of the citizens of the Township.
- The Committee shall serve as liaison between the residents, businesses, and Township Board of Supervisors on matters of public safety.
- The Committee shall address public safety concerns of normal or urgent priority, but is not responsible for emergency management operations of the Township.
Members of the Longswamp Township Joint Public Safety Committee:
- Mike Richards, Chairman
- Tyrene Christman, Secretary
- Jason Robinson, Chief
- Daryl George, Assistant Chief
- Ray Strickland, Chief
- Jennifer Steigerwalt, Assistant Chief
- Brad Sechler, Emergency Management Coordinator
- Mike Salvadge, Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator
- Don Hickman, Lisaon
- Rex Wessel, Public Rep.