This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

LS Trapt logo

Form & Instructions

Before filing a Right-To-Know Request with the Township, please review the following list of some commonly requested records that may be withheld under the exceptions of the RTKL. 

  • Social Security numbers
  • Driver's license numbers
  • Home, Cellular or personal phone numbers
  • Personal financial information
  • Personal medical information
  • Spouse's name, marital status, beneficiary or dependent information
  • Records that identify social service recipients, including welfare recipients
  • Internal, predecisional deliberations
Once reviewing the above list, follow these instructions on how to file a request:

  1. Determine which agency to ask
    1. The first step to filing an effective Right-To-Know request is to determine which agency is most likely to have the records you're interested in. This step is absolutely vital. Asking the wrong agency for records will cost you time. 
  2. Find the Agency Open Records Officer (AORO)
    1. Every Agency is required by the RTKL to appoint an Agency Open Records Officer (AORO).  This is the person you should address your request to. The best way to find the AORO's contact information is on the Agency's website. If you can't find it there, search the Office of Open Records' (OOR) database of AOROs. 
  3. Prepare and submit the request
    1. Some agencies have their own RTK request form, and it is best to use that form if applicable. But you can always use the OOR's Standard RTK request form, which is available here. You can file a request by email, fax, U.S. Mail or in person. Always address the request to the AORO. 

Always make sure your request for records is specific and concise. Identify the records you want as specifically as you can, so that an Agency can quickly locate them and determine whether they are public record or not. When submitting a RTK request, always retain a copy for your file. A copy of the request will be necessary if you're denied access to any records and decide to file an appeal to the Office of Open Records. Without a copy, the Office Of Open Records has no choice but to dismiss the appeal as insufficient.

When filing a Right-To-Know request to Longswamp Township, please use the Standard RTK Request form. When submitting the request, make sure it is addressed to the Open Records Officer. 

If you are submitting the request by U.S. Mail or in person, please address the envelope as follows:

Longswamp Township
Attention: Open Records Officer
1112 State Street
Mertztown, PA 19539

If you are submitting the request by Email, please send it to

If you are submitting the request by fax, please send it to (610)-682-9067

To file an appeal of the decision of the Longswamp Township Open Records Officer, please contact the Pennsylvania State Office of Open Records at:

Officer of Open Records
Commonwealth Keystone Building
400 North Street, Plaza Level
Harrisburg, PA 17120

Or by phone at (717)-346-9903

Or by Email at